this is one long over due post. but better late than never, right? any who – this was one from the archives that i haven’t posted. it slipped through the cracks and i’m slightly embarrassed… at any rate, here it is. i’m back in action with more posts and boy does it feel good 🙂
this is another recipe that is simple and so yummy (and perfect for a weeknight dinner). i don’t remember where exactly i found this recipe but man it’s GOOD.
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can of diced tomato (i like to used the basil, oregano and garlic kind but any will do)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, or more if you’re a cheese head like myself
preheat oven to 350. in a zip lock bag, toss in the chicken breasts and dressing. let the chicken marinade for at least 10 minutes in the fridge. place chicken in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. discard the extra dressing and bag. combine the diced tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella in a bowl. after the 15 minutes, flip the chicken and top the chicken with the tomato/basil/cheese mixture. bake for another 15 minutes.
yes. it really is that simple. i served it up with a side of cous cous, which we all know is so simple to make as well. the dish just looks amazing (and tastes amazing) and requires little effort. i like that 🙂 yum!