this week’s CSA consists of:
- Sauerkraut – Kohser Farm (Beaver County, PA)
- Frozen Corn – Kohser Farm
- Apple Butter – Sally’s Cider Press (Butler County, PA)
- Onion (Organic) – Mose Byler Farm (Lawrence County, PA)
- Winter Squash – Amish Community Farms (Mercer County, PA)
I already had plans to make my previously posted chicken and corn chowder this past thursday night so i used the onion and the corn. it was deeeelish!
now i must figure out what to make with everything else. perhaps put some apple butter on some pork chops? i might just do that…
in other news, i received “Around my French Table” by Dorie Greenspan from my secret santa (thank you!) and i’m quite excited to start making some things out of this book. what’s fun is that there was a blog created around this cookbook entitled French Friday’s with Dorie. blogging foodies make a recipe from Dorie’s book and post it on Friday’s. the only thing they ask is that you do not include the actual recipe, encouraging people to buy the book. from skimming it over, it looks to be a worthwhile book.
i look forward to start participating in French Friday’s with Dorie! maybe Dorie has something that calls for squash…