I. Love. Indian. Food. It’s so tasty and spicy and I cannot get enough. I started to try my hand at actually making it because buying it starts to add up. I started off with something fairly simple and it turned out well.
If you want to try an Indian dish, you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, cooked
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and ginger; sauté until potatoes are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Mix in cauliflower, then salt, turmeric, chili powder and paprika; sauté 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add peas and simmer 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.